2) The second workshop is focused on civic participation and community building and is led by the Patchwork Foundation, a UK-based charity committed to strengthening democracy and is focused on engaging young people from communities and individuals that are traditionally underrepresented. The session covers:
- Background to civic participation and UK democracy
- Outlining the building blocks for creating change
- How young people can build power as individuals and collective communities
- How to create change – a combination of case studies, tools and experiential facilitation
We hope that going forwards, we will be able to further develop our work on these themes with young people. We are grateful to the support of the COSARAF Foundation and the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime for generously supporting this programme.