Naz Legacy Foundation are looking to recruit a new Chair to lead an established Board of Trustees, to succeed our current Chair, Dr Rowena Shaw OBE who is retiring in 2023 after a 10 year contribution to Naz Legacy including 4 years as Chair. We are looking to recruit someone who has the experience to chair the Board and support the Director and fellow Trustees through the implementation of the Strategic Plan and the challenges the sector will face over the coming years.
Position: Chair of Trustee Board
Salary: This is a voluntary role however, travel and expenses will be paid
Closing date: Friday 23rd December 2022
Time commitment: Regular communications with the Director. A minimum of Four meetings a year (15 hours) plus an annual strategy day . Applicants will also need to complete a ½ day Safeguarding Children training.
Please note, any appointment is dependent on securing an enhanced DBS.
About the role:
As Chair of the Trustee Board, you will need to demonstrate an understanding through professional and or practical experience in any of the following: Education, Youth Work, Business Finance, Fundraising and Marketing, Young People, Human Resources, Finance, Charity, Interfaith, Community Development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provides leadership and direction to the board of Trustees and enables the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Ensures that the Foundation pursues its Objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Operations and supports the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the Foundation; and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and the staff.
- Facilitates the Board of Trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
As Chair of the Trustee Board, you will be committed to working with young people from disadvantaged communities and harbouring greater interfaith relations. You will have a strong belief that the voluntary sector can make a real difference in the lives of young people.
Other roles you may have experience with could include: Board Chair, Chair of the Board, Non-Exec Director, Non-Executive Director, Director, CEO, Charity Chair, Charity Non-Executive Director.
- Send in your CV and Cover Letter addressing the Role Description to [email protected] with the Subject Line: Application: Chair of Trustee Board
- Complete Equality Monitoring Form and attach to the email